Get One-On-One Support
Want to talk to someone about your situation? LIVESTRONG is here to help. We provide free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer—whether you have cancer or are a loved one, friend, health care professional or caregiver of someone diagnosed.
To Get Help
Call us toll-free at 1.855.220.7777.
Fill out our online intake form.
Visit our LIVESTRONG Cancer Navigation Center in Austin.
Please note: We are open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT. If you leave a message or fill out the intake form we will respond within 48 hours. Responses may be delayed if you are contacting us on a holiday.*
LIVESTRONG Navigation Services
At any point in your cancer experience, we provide free, confidential support through education, referrals and counseling services. We can help with:
Fertility Preservation Information and Assistance
- Understanding risks and options related to cancer treatment and fertility
- Accessing discounted rates for fertility preservation through the Sharing Hope Program
- Finding local fertility related resources
Financial, Insurance and Job Concerns:
- Accessing medical treatments and medical devices
- Finding assistance for uninsured or underinsured
- Finding assistance with insurance denials/appeals
- Handling debt and financial management issues as they pertain to a cancer diagnosis
- Learning about resources for financial assistance
- Handling employment discrimination/retention issues
- Applying for federal/state programs such as Medicaid, Social Security, Disability, etc.
Counseling and Local Resources:
- Coping emotionally with my cancer or with a friend/family member who has cancer
- Joining a telephone or online support group
- Identifying bereavement resources/dealing with the loss of someone to cancer
Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment Concerns:
- Learning about cancer in general
- Finding out how to communicate better with doctors, spouse, family or loved ones
- Finding clinical trial options and new treatments in development
* LIVESTRONG navigation services are unavailable on the following holidays in 2013: Martin Luther King Day (Monday, January 21), Presidents Day (Monday, February 18), Memorial Day (Monday, May 27), Independence Day (Thursday, July 4), Labor Day (Monday, September 2), Thanksgiving Day and the day after (Thursday, November 28—Friday, November 29), Christmas and New Year’s Holiday (Tuesday, December 24—Wednesday, January 2, 2014).
We partner and collaborate with the following organizations to offer LIVESTRONG navigation services.
Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF)
This national nonprofit organization seeks to safeguard patients through effective mediation assuring access to care, maintenance of employment and preservation of financial stability. PAF serves as an active liaison between patients and their insurer, employer and/or creditors to resolve insurance, job retention and/or debt crisis matters relative to their diagnosis through professional case managers, doctors and health care attorneys. For more information about Patient Advocate Foundation, visit www.patientadvocate.org.
The LIVESTRONG Clinical Trial Matching Service (powered by EmergingMed) assists cancer patients and their families in locating treatment options. Patients are pre-screened for clinical trials by completing a disease-specific questionnaire about their diagnosis and treatment history. Clinical Trial Specialists guide each caller through the matching process over the phone or follow up with web visitors who begin the process online. The Clinical Trial Specialists review each patient’s questionnaire, provide a general clinical trial education and offer to send trial summaries and contact information for trial matches. The Clinical Trial Specialists will stay in touch with each caller to ensure that the patient is able to contact the trial site, assist the patient (when possible) with any barriers to clinical trial access, as well as keep the patient up-to-date on new clinical trials for which they might be eligible. For more information about EmergingMed, visit www.emergingmed.com.
Imerman Angels carefully matches and individually pairs cancer survivors with someone who has fought and survived the same type of cancer (a Mentor Angel). Cancer caregivers (spouses, parents, children and other family and friends of fighters) also receive one-on-one connections with other caregivers and survivors. These one-on-one relationships inspire hope and offer the chance to ask personal questions and receive support from someone who is uniquely familiar with the experience. The service is absolutely free and helps anyone touched by any type of cancer, at any cancer stage level, at any age, living anywhere in the world. For more information about Imerman Angels, visit www.imermanangels.org.
Imerman Angels is a federally registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
Navigate Cancer Foundation
The NavigateCancer Foundation provides you with consultation services about your cancer by experienced cancer nurses who are experts at helping you become empowered, educated and an active member of your health care team. We teach you about your specific cancer and about the options you may have for treatment. We translate your pathology reports, scans and medical documents so you can better understand where your cancer is and where it is not. Most importantly, we help you weigh the pros and cons of these big decisions and walk you through the process of decision making. We will build your confidence in thinking about what important questions you'll want to ask your doctors. We will connect you to resources that you may not know about. And we will help you find a qualified doctor for a second opinion or be a sounding board to see if you are on the right track. We are with you for the journey from diagnosis throughout treatment and beyond by telephone and through online communication.