Be a LIVESTRONG Leader in your Community
**Unfortunately, we experienced some technical issues with the 2013 LIVESTRONG Leader application. If you applied to be a 2013 LIVESTRONG Leader and have not heard about your status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIVESTRONG serves people affected by cancer and inspires them to take action. The LIVESTRONG Leader program engages volunteers around the world to serve and inspire cancer survivors.
Within their local communities, Leaders promote LIVESTRONG’s navigation services, resources and other key programs; support our advocacy work around important policy and legislation; and fundraise. By supporting our priorities, developing relationships with community leaders and initiating their own activities, more communities and individuals are impacted by our mission and services.
The LIVESTRONG Leader position is a 1-year long volunteer position with the 2013 term running January 2013—December 2013. Each LIVESTRONG Leader will be given a designated region overseen by Senior LIVESTRONG Leaders who provide additional support and encouragement.
Each LIVESTRONG Leader is asked to commit to the following actions over the course of the year-long term:
- Lead efforts to promote the Foundation’s navigations services
- Lead efforts to promote the Community Impact Project by recruiting applicants and promoting voting
- Share their cancer stories and the stories of others to help reduce the stigma associated with cancer
- Participate in activities to promote policy change across the globe
- Develop relationships with local Foundation community partners to encourage cross-collaboration
- Fundraise, participate and/or promote Team LIVESTRONG events
- Participate in and promote all online campaigns
- Recruit community members to support their work as Leaders and the Foundation’s mission
- Represent the Foundation at local conferences and events
- Champion the LIVESTRONG brand
- Amplify our message via social media
- Participate in the program’s evaluation process
- Report back quarterly on activities
- Agree to the program’s operational guidelines
On average, LIVESTRONG Leaders spend 1–2 hours a week fulfilling their role. Leaders receive support from Foundation staff and Senior LIVESTRONG Leaders as well as the following training and support:
- Invitation to participate in the annual LIVESTRONG Assembly where Leaders are trained, and can network with fellow Leaders and other Foundation partners. The 2013 LIVESTRONG Assembly will be held Feb 27- Mar 1 in Chicago, IL.
- Access to a robust online training program
- Free materials to support activities
- Access to an online community to interact with Leaders and discuss activities and opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in special events and activities
Ideal candidates for this position should exhibit the below characteristics and qualifications:
- Have engaged with the Foundation in the past
- Understand and be passionate about the mission of the Foundation
- Have a connection to cancer
- Previous volunteer experience
- Experience serving in a leadership role
- Be able to motivate and inspire others
- Be goal-oriented
- Be self-motivated
- Be a strong communicator
- Have the time necessary to devote to the position
- Be willing to fulfill the commitments listed above
The application for a spot in 2013 is closed. The application for a spot in 2014 will open November 2013.