Team Information Page
Teams are a very important contributor to the growth and success of our events. We encourage participants to start or join teams so that they build camaraderie around the event, develop group fundraising strategies to help each person meet the minimum and create an annual experience participants look forward to coming back to.
Below are some helpful topics and links for Team LIVESTRONG Challenge teams. By providing this information online we hope to make certain processes easier and ultimately make your event experience better.
Grow Your Team
- Looking to create a bigger and better team for the 2012 Team LIVESTRONG Challenge Series? Check out the "How to Recruit for Your Team" document for tactics which can be used to invite more people to join your team.
Outfit Your Team
- Our partners at Giordana Cycling Apparel are committed to offering premium cycling clothing to LIVESTRONG fundraisers.
- For LIVESTRONG-based fundraising teams, Giordana provides an additional 5% discount, allowing riders to receive up to a 20% discount off of normally-priced clothing.
- Custom clothing comes in two options:
- Italian-made FULL Custom clothing is best suited for teams that want the most variety of clothing styles, customization and creative design.
- NOW Custom on the other hand, is optimized for smaller teams. With NOW Custom, we offer short sleeve jerseys with no minimums, unlimited color design and 4-6 week turn-around-times.
- Please contact their custom clothing specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Teams that raise over $10,000 by the deadline will be given a FREE Team Lawn space. Once a team reaches this goal a LIVESTRONG staff member will contact the team captain to make team arrangements.
- Each tent comes equipped with (1) 8-foot table and 2 chairs
- Groups that are looking to purchase space or bring their own tent should contact email@example.com. Availability will be based on venue space and ensuring we have enough space for the teams who are fundraising to qualify.
- A 10x10 covered space with (1) 8-foot table and 2 chairs at the venue costs $300.
- Food for the Team Lawn can be supplied by the team or through our catering program.
- Catering is available for a fee.
- Catering is limited to a pre-ride/run breakfast the day of the event.
- Food for purchase is not guaranteed and varies by venue.
- Grills are not allowed.
- Alcoholic beverage consumption must follow the rules set forth by each venue.
- Team tents are available Saturday and Sunday in Austin.
- Tent location will be determined by our staff with feedback from each team captain on when they can drop off/set-up their area.
- Deadline for registering your space is Friday, October 5, 2012.
- In addition to the $10,000 qualification level for Team Lawn, teams can work to win team awards, presented within each Team LIVESTRONG Challenge weekend.
- Incentive levels are a great way to target your fundraising to a specific goal.
Please submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org