We created the LIVESTRONG Cancer Survivorship Training Curriculum to provide Promotores (community health workers) the information and tools to help cancer survivors in their communities navigate the health care system.
The curriculum includes five sessions:
- Cancer in the Hispanic/Latino community
- What is cancer survivorship?
- What are the physical concerns?
- What are the emotional concerns?
- What are the day-to-day concerns?
The in-person training includes videos, role-playing activities and a final quiz to increase the application and knowledge on the topics discussed.
At this time, the curriculum and the supplemental tools are only available on LIVESTRONG.org/Espanol. We hope to provide the English version of the curriculum on LIVESTRONG.org in the near future.