LIVESTRONG Promotores Program
The LIVESTRONG Promotores program is a professional development program to provide Promotores the skills and knowledge to serve and connect survivors and their loved ones to cancer-related resources and support. Roles and responsibilities of Promotores vary from community to community; however, LIVESTRONG-certified Promotores:
- Refer Hispanic/Latino’s affected by cancer to LIVESTRONG’s Navigation services available either online, by phone or in-person (Austin, Texas ONLY).
For example, many LIVESTRONG-certified Promotores assist individuals at a local oncology clinic waiting room (with the permission of the staff) by listening to their concerns and discussing ways that LIVESTRONG can support the individual in addressing their needs.
- Serve local organizations that reach Hispanic/Latino cancer survivors by distributing LIVESTRONG materials and attending local community events, including health fairs and LIVESTRONG-sponsored events.
For example, Promotores distribute LIVESTRONG materials in community clinics and also conduct presentations on LIVESTRONG and LIVESTRONG Navigation services.
To see LIVESTRONG-certified Promotores in action, please watch this short video.
Benefits of the Program
As a LIVESTRONG-certified Promotor(a), individuals have access to:
- Additional training opportunities from LIVESTRONG as webinars
- Free LIVESTRONG materials (either online or print) to distribute in their community
- Online community of LIVESTRONG-certified Promotores
- Updates on new programmatic, engagement opportunities with LIVESTRONG
- Opportunity to win the LIVESTRONG Promotor(a) of the Year Award
Disclaimer: LIVESTRONG-certified Promotores are not trained to serve as case managers, social workers and/or cancer experts. If your organization allows you to serve in that position that is separate from serving as a LIVESTRONG Promotor(a). At LIVESTRONG, our desire is educate individuals affected by cancer about the physical, emotional and day-to-day concerns of cancer survivorship. LIVESTRONG-certified Promotores are trained on these concerns and ways that individuals can seek support either by contacting their health care team or contacting cancer-related resources. Individuals living internationally (outside the US) will have limited access to services through the Navigation team at LIVESTRONG, but there are still a variety of services that can be accessed via phone and email.