Director of Business Development
To inspire and empower people affected by cancer.
- Adheres to Foundation Policies and Procedures.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the organization.
- Performs duties as work load necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize work load.
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meets Department productivity standards as established.
Your Role in Our Mission
Generates significant annual corporate revenue through the development of licensing, sponsorship and cause-marketing programs and corporate partnerships. Strong focus will be placed on generating licensing, sponsorship and cause-marketing alliances that produce unrestricted revenue to support the overall mission of the LIVESTRONG Foundation.
- Develops strategies to expand the LIVESTRONG Foundation’s licensing, sponsorship and cause marketing partnerships; develop a corporate prospecting plan, work with the Marketing Department to develop sales materials and lead presentations to secure additional partners with a focus on raising unrestricted revenue.
- Helps develop the vision and strategy for implementing an aggressive cause marketing fundraising program that positions the LIVESTRONG Foundation as a preferred charity of choice for major global corporations.
- Supports the efforts of the VP of Marketing to create a world class business development function to drive revenue growth and new business development of major corporate partnerships.
- Works closely with members of the Development, Programs, and Marketing Teams to ensure that new and/or additional corporate engagement opportunities are explored, presented and secured.
- Collaborates with corporate partner’s team and the Foundation’s Development and Marketing Teams during the sales process to ensure messaging supports the LIVESTRONG Foundation’s brand guidelines and revenue objectives.
- Stringently meets the goals and objectives created for this position.
- 10+ years of experience in progressively responsible positions, with significant corporate partnership experience. Cause marketing experience a plus.
- Extensive experience in sales and promotions required; fundraising experience desirable.
- Proven track record in new business development preferably in a matrix environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively to gain the respect of various constituencies including senior executives and decision makers.
- Extensive knowledge of cause-related fundraising, business development, sales, and digital promotions.
- Track record as an effective communicator, speaker, listener.
- Excellent judgment, comfort with risk-taking and non-routine work.
- Ability to work well in complex environment.
- An individual with strong people skills and demonstrated team player.
- A strong negotiator.
- Passion and commitment to the LIVESTRONG Foundation’s mission and values.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field required; MBA desirable
Travel Requirements: 50% for local and out-of-state meetings
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.