IT Database Administrator
To improve the lives of people affected by cancer now.
- Adheres to Foundation Policies and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the organization
- Performs duties as work load necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize work load
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets Department productivity standards as established
Your Role in Our Mission
The Information Technology Database administrator plans, executes and manages data driven technology solutions that support Foundation operations and goals. This position leads IT initiatives that oversee daily data operations and strategic data infrastructure planning by working with multiple systems, internal teams, and external vendors.
- Develops, evaluates and implements policies for data systems and data-related project development throughout the organization
- Designs, develops, implements, optimizes and maintains secure databases
- Works with partners to automate, improve and update data processing with evolving business requirements
- Monitors incoming data for new business cases, invalid characters and overall integrity
- Develops and maintains rules for data integrations between partners and internal systems
- Updates and enhances enterprise data integrations as needed
- Evaluates and integrates third party platforms
- Supervises daily data team operations including task prioritization, scheduling, planning, compliance oversight, and best technical practices
- Mentors team members and identifies opportunities for professional growth
- Assists finance team with audit and compliance activities
- Provides overflow support for Database Developer/HelpDesk
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 5+ years of experience in database administration and/or design; or 8+years commensurate experience
- Working knowledge and experience in MSSQL SQL Server 2000, 2K5, 2K8R2, SSIS, SSRS, Pervasive Data Integrator, WSDL and REST Web Services, IIS, ASP.NET, t-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, XML, Soap, Apex Code, ETL design, MS Office, MS Server
- Knowledge of Convio CRM, SalesForce/API, CRM procedures, C#, VB, HTML
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Travel Requirements: 5%
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 20 lbs.