Database Analyst Developer
Your Role in Our Mission
The LIVESTRONG Database Analyst/Developer will maintain and support all data-driven technology solutions for the Foundation. He/She will guide projects through all phases of development including requirements analysis, design, modeling, deployment, troubleshooting, security and maintenance. The Database Anaylst/Developer will also use SQL, .NET, data structures, ETL tools, applications, modeling and other programming techniques to develop and/or provide support for data integrations, data mining, data security, troubleshooting data-related issues, analyzing data and supporting mission-critical systems used at the Foundation.
- Be a LIVESTRONG ambassador and speak to our mission, culture and core values.
- Be responsible for the documentation of policies and procedures to ensure the operational quality of all aspects of the database.
- Define and maintain effective mechanisms to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all data maintained in the Foundation's database.
- Track and maintain database development procedures.
- Design and implement database enhancements, including relational and data warehouse methodologies
- Import data sources into new and existing databases, and extract data from databases through view, query and stored procedures
- Understand and conceptualize applications from both a technical/programming perspective and a business point of view, including specific knowledge of computer information systems and services, modeling of technical specifications, relevant development tools and specific applications such as MS Visual Studio, MSSQL Management Studio, Convio CRM, and Salesforce APIs.
- Be responsible for the coordination and management of any vendors as it relates to the development and maintenance of the database. This includes hardware and software vendors as well as consulting.
- Develop requirements for vendor interfaces and deploying data integration solutions to acquire data from external sources.
- Be responsible for the documentation of policies and procedures to ensure the effective reporting of both standard reporting requests as well as custom requests from all departments.
- Provide access to data for all foundation departments by developing SQL queries, views and stored procedures.
- Support Disaster Recovery planning, initiatives and guidelines for business continuity.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Demonstrated proficiency in HTML 5.0+, C#, SQL, Microsoft Windows (2003/2008), Networking: Basic TCP/IP.
- Demonstrate critical thinking while organizing and planning workloads, project and coding that directly impacts our services both internally and externally.
- Be able to speak in technical terms and situations to a staff of varying technical expertise (from experienced knowledge of technology to basic computer knowledge).
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Training on new applications and systems may be required; a willingness to learn is essential.
- Demonstrate project management skills, including project plans, scope of work, status reports and effective time management.
- A commitment to work responsibly even when long hours of work may be necessary in order to meet goals and reach milestones.
- Ability to efficiently organize reports, projects, materials and use office systems applications that produce these.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or 5+ years commensurate experience.
- 3+ years experience with MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008R2, t-SQL, views, stored procedures, MSSQL Integration Services and Reporting Services and ETL tools and techniques.
- Experience with Convio CRM, Pervasive Data Integrator and Salesforce API integrations a plus.
- Basic familiarity with web development and web programming.
- Interest in the use of technology solutions to improve data driven decision making.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with a strong focus on data quality and data structures.
We are always looking for passionate, diverse, creative and innovative individuals who exemplify service excellence, show extraordinary potential, embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment. To join our LIVESTRONG global movement, please apply online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=1490661.