To inspire and empower people affected by cancer
Your Role in Our Mission
The Marketing Manager is responsible for facilitating the integrated marketing activities to support the Foundation’s strategic priorities. The Marketing Manager is part of the Marketing Strategy and Project Management team, which is responsible for planning and implementing a strategic, integrated marketing approach across all Foundation initiatives, programs and activities:
- Strategically aligning all activities to ensure tactical goals are being met
- Integrating across the marketing communications, public relations, creative strategy and execution, events and brand management functions of the Marketing department
- Collaborating internally within the Marketing department, across other Foundation departments and with external audiences
- Addressing identified focus areas, key cities and target populations
Specific responsibilities include:
- Facilitate annual and quarterly integrated marketing planning to develop strategic, integrated marketing plans across organizational objectives and for initiatives as needed.
- Develop and manage marketing plans, programs and support needs, taking into consideration the Foundation’s image, message and positioning, mission, strategic priorities, focus areas and goals.
- Collaborate with the Marketing department and cross-departmental business owners to collect requirements, develop marketing plans and identify creative services needs to best support the vision, initiatives and priorities for the Foundation.
- Facilitate project meetings and communicate plans to stakeholders ensuring understanding and support across the organization.
- Work with stakeholders to develop strategy documents, scope documents and project plans that include deliverables, general timeline and budget.
- Work with external marketing partners to develop print, online, outdoor and broadcast advertising plans, online campaign plans, printed collateral and video/photo project plans, etc., as they relate to marketing campaign needs.
- Facilitate the execution of project plans, including interim deadlines, specs, assets, vendor coordination, approvals and final deliverable delivery.
- Maintain project schedule and assign stakeholder to-dos and deadlines on Basecamp.
- Assist with management, coding and allocation of annual marketing budget.
- Maintain and report on status of marketing plans, projects and calendars to stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively, proactively and in a professional, service-oriented manner with all colleagues.
- Be a LIVESTRONG Foundation ambassador and speak to our mission, culture and core values.
- Knowledge of nonprofit sector with a passion for the LIVESTRONG Foundation mission.
- Be motivated by service, humility and compassion for helping people.
- Strong marketing and/or communications experience with the ability to plan and implement a strategic, integrated marketing approach.
- Possess a creative and innovative approach to achieving solutions.
- Embrace change and move forward in a positive and meaningful way.
- Have experience working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Have experience using Basecamp or similar project management platform.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task.
- Be able to positively react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain flexibility during times of change.
- Have strong interpersonal relationship skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage results in stressful situations.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or communications.
- Marketing, communications and/or public relations agency experience.
- Minimum of seven years of work experience in marketing or related field. 10+ years preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are always looking for passionate, diverse, creative and innovative individuals who exemplify service excellence, show extraordinary potential, embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment.