Department: Navigation Services
To inspire and empower people affected by cancer
Your Role in Our Mission
The Research & Evaluation Manager, Navigation Services serves as the primary point person to oversee all aspects of the evaluation of LIVESTRONG’s Navigation Services on the phone, online and in person. Additionally this role is primarily responsible for gathering and reporting on all outcomes related to the navigation program:
- Be a LIVESTRONG ambassador and speak to our mission, culture and core values.
- Effectively problem solve by identifying and resolving issues, and developing plans and goals to reach a productive outcome.
- Oversee all aspects of the evaluation navigation portfolio including in-person and national services, including creating and maintaining surveys as well as conducting analysis and creating internal reports, abstracts and manuscripts.
- Oversee all aspects of evaluation for navigation growth and expansion from initial needs assessment through implementation.
- Coordinate with Cancer Support Communities Research Training Institute in the implementation of a co-branded research study.
- Work as liaison between Navigation, Business Development and Evaluation and Research Teams to ensure the integration of evaluation into all aspects of navigation services.
- Monitor processes and standards for report and data sharing within and external of the LIVESTRONG Foundation (Foundation).
- Work closely with multiple teams across LIVESTRONG Foundation to ensure all processes are seamless and effective and communication is clear.
- Effectively plan for multiple demands including daily job duties, meetings and a large volume of external contacts.
- Pull regular reports and enter them into various systems and provide to various stakeholders (Dashboard, Redes, Survey Monkey etc).
- Develop and oversee research studies led by the Foundation related to our strategic priorities including activities such as conducting background research, developing quantitative and qualitative studies, creating IRB documentation, implementing and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, and reporting findings related to research findings.
- Work closely with Navigation team members to monitor ongoing case loads and capacity for navigation roles.
- Mentor interns on data collection, analysis and reporting and work with volunteers to ensure the timely deliver and data entry of the Navigation evaluation.
- Conduct and present on literature reviews of key aspects of Navigation.
- Maintain highest standards of data integrity and compliance with all IRB policies to ensure the privacy of all constituents.
- Participate and represent the Foundation at National Conferences.
- Collaborate as an active member of the Research & Evaluation Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of nonprofit sector with a passion for the LIVESTRONG mission.
- Motivated by service, humility and compassion for helping people.
- Possess a creative and innovative approach to work.
- Embrace change and move forward in a positive and meaningful way.
- Act as a generalist and perform tasks and functions in many areas.
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across departments and teams.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in evaluation and quality assurance/policy development.
- Masters Degree in social work, public health, evaluation, public policy or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of how to conduct community assessments and developing community partnerships.
- Ability to maintain high level of communication with staff across the organization.
- Success in conducting public health research, preferably with a focus on cancer.
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research theory methods, research tool development, and data analysis.
- Expertise in statistical analysis, including SPSS, as well as qualitative software such as NVivo.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- Ability to speak, read, and write with fluency in English as well as Spanish preferred.