Temporary Project Manager 1
To inspire and empower people affected by cancer.
Your Role in Our Mission
The Project Manager is responsible for managing and serving as the day-to-day liaison for projects executed by the Marketing department to support the Foundation’s strategic priorities. The Project Manager is part of the Marketing Services team, which is responsible for planning and implementing a strategic, integrated marketing approach across all Foundation initiatives, programs and activities:
- Strategically aligning all activities to ensure tactical goals are being met
- Integrating across the marketing communications, public relations, creative strategy and execution, events and brand management functions of the Marketing department
- Collaborating internally within the Marketing department, across other Foundation departments and with external audiences
- Addressing identified focus areas, key cities and target populations
- Adheres to Foundation Policies and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the organization
- Performs duties as work load necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize work load
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets Department productivity standards as established
Specific responsibilities include:
- Project manage marketing jobs as assigned, including project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing.
- Serve as liaison and work with the Marketing department and external departmental contacts to initiate jobs, identify stakeholders, develop project plans and timelines, set deadlines, collect and deliver assets, coordinate vendors, communicate status, secure approvals and submit final deliverables.
- Record job initiation and status using project management and tracking system; support processes for marketing job requests, tracking and reporting.
- Recap meeting notes and next steps; send meeting minutes to meeting attendees and other stakeholders.
- Provide regular project status updates to team members.
- Review open jobs in marketing project status meetings.
- Manage collateral inventory and place orders as necessary.
- Work collaboratively, proactively and in a professional, service-oriented manner with all colleagues.
- Be a LIVESTRONG ambassador and speak to our mission, culture and core values.
- Knowledge of nonprofit sector with a passion for the LIVESTRONG mission.
- Motivated by service, humility and compassion for helping people.
- Possess a creative and innovative approach to achieving solutions.
- Embrace change and move forward in a positive and meaningful way.
- Experience working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills for marketing and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Maintains flexibility during times of change.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage results in stressful situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or communications.
- Marketing, communications and/or public relations agency experience.
- 2-3 years of related work experience.
We are always looking for passionate, diverse, creative and innovative individuals who exemplify service excellence, show extraordinary potential, embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment. To join our LIVESTRONG global movement, please apply online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=1825931