Vice President - Programs
- Adheres to Foundation Policies and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the organization
- Performs duties as work load necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize work load
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets Department productivity standards as established
To plan, develop, and execute a comprehensive strategy to enact innovative and effective programs and services that fulfill the mission and vision of the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) established by the management team and approved by Board of Directors. The Vice President also manages the staff and day-to-day operations of the Programs Team.
Your Role in Our Mission
- Be the internal expert in Public Health.
- Lead a team of diverse and knowledgeable professionals engaged in developing and implementing innovative and effective programs and services to address the needs of people affected by cancer.
- Develop and implement organizational strategy and day-to-day processes to ensure the highest quality interventions and outcomes related to patient navigation, survivorship research, patient-centered care delivery systems, professional education and training, community investment and engagement, and health policy.
- Serve as a spokesperson and ambassador to the cancer/healthcare community, translating our mission and approach.
- Supervise/manage Program team members.
- Work collaboratively with staff members to identify opportunities to connect donors to LAF programs/projects.
- Maintain complete and timely data sets to demonstrate organizational impact.
- Maintain close working relationships with the Foundation Executives and Board Members and actively engaging them to understand and contribute to the development of the programs of the organization.
- Maintain ongoing clear communication with the organization's staff regarding plans and progress.
- Contribute to implementing creative ways of packaging and marketing LAF programs to diverse audiences, including cancer survivors, healthcare professionals, researchers, etc.
- Maintain deep knowledge about the external environment as it relates to the experience of being affected by cancer.
Experience, Education, Licensure
- Ability to meet people with ease; ability to write and edit effectively; ability to communicate the written and spoken work with tact, diplomacy, and/or authority when necessary; good organizational skills, well disciplined, able to meet deadlines, self starter, able to work under pressure of many priorities and deadlines; ability to work well effectively with volunteers; thorough understanding of local, regional and national markets; knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques; knowledge of long-range planning process; good managerial skills; knowledge of cancer experience. Must have highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Advanced degree required in public health, health education, social work, behavioral health, or related fields . Minimum of ten years experience, including knowledge of program development and evaluation, cancer care delivery systems, patient navigation, professional education and training, and global health.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be:
- Knowledgeable of nonprofit sector with a passion for the LIVESTRONG mission.
- Motivated by service, humility and compassion for helping people.
- Instilled with a creative and innovative approach to work.
- Able to embrace change and move forward in a positive and meaningful way.
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across departments and teams.
- Knowledgeable of business and philanthropic communities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are always looking for passionate, diverse, creative and innovative individuals who exemplify service excellence, show extraordinary potential, embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment. To join our LIVESTRONG global movement, please apply online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=1460321.