We moved into our new home in February 2009 for several reasons.
- To create a permanent home for the LIVESTRONG Foundation in Austin, Texas
- To contribute to the revitalization of one of Austin's most diverse neighborhoods and continue our efforts to be a strong community partner
- To create space that will be available to host meetings for other nonprofit organizations in Austin
- To show our concern for the environment by focusing on ways to be environmentally friendly, including being designated as one of Austin's first gold-certified Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) facilities
- To provide the Foundation with more stability and long-term fiscal health by owning rather than renting office space
The architects for the project were Lake Flato and the Bommarito Group, both award-winning and nationally recognized firms.
LIVESTRONG CANCER NAVIGATION CENTER
The LIVESTRONG Cancer Navigation Center, located in East Austin, provides a range of free services for anyone affected by cancer. This includes people diagnosed with cancer, their families, friends, loved ones and the health care professionals who work with them. We help people with any cancer type and at any stage of treatment. Assistance is available in both English and Spanish.
The Navigation Center provides free, confidential one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. This is not a medical facility, but rather a center that provides the following support services:
- Emotional Support
- Fertility Risks and Preservation Options
- Insurance, Employment and Financial Concerns
- Treatment Concerns
To learn more about the center as well as find hours of operation and contact information, visit the LIVESTRONG Cancer Navigation Center page