Davis Course Information
Due to the varying difficulty of the Team LIVESTRONG Challenge courses, and in an effort maintain a high safety standard, the Team LIVESTRONG Challenge ride support (Mechanical, SAG (Support and Gear), Medical and Course Signage) will end 8.5 hours after starting (4 p.m. in Davis). If you are still on course after 7.5 hours and on pace to not finish in 8.5 hours, you will politely be asked by our staff to allow a SAG vehicle to take you to a safe location near the finish line. Here, you will be allowed to ride through the finish and enjoy the Post Event Party activities.
We have a rider tracking app for your iPhone or Android device. The app tracks riders at certain check points along the course and will give spectators an estimated finish time so you can be sure to see your rider cross the Finish Line.
Search 'Team LIVESTRONG' in the Apple or Android store to download this free app.
125 feet total elevation; Max grade of 2.5%
The 20-mile course offers beginners a true taste of the Team LIVESTRONG Challenge experience without needing a lot of cycling experience. The completely flat course rolls through quaint Davis and its tree lined neighborhoods. Then it continues on to quiet country roads with smooth pavement and little traffic. A Power Stop at the halfway point keeps your batteries charged as you head down bike paths through beautiful UC Davis before returning to downtown Davis to enjoy the hospitality of the Post-Event Party.
279 feet total elevation; Max grade of 3.2%
Hungry for a little more than 20 miles, but not quite ready to go all day? The 45 mile course winds through quiet farmland on flat, smooth roads. Two (2) Power Stops along the way to keep you fed and hydrated before returning to downtown Davis and the Post Event Party.
618 feet total elevation; Max grade of 6.0%
This flat, open course is ideally suited for trying something new without the intimidation of big mountains or tricky descents. Or, maybe you just want to get back and enjoy our Post-Event Party earlier than you would by doing the 100-mile course. Either way, the 65-mile route’s mix of country roads and tree lined creeks will entertain and make the miles fly by.
1,289 feet total elevation; Max grade of 6.7%
This is the ideal course for both seasoned cyclists or someone who has never ridden a century before. It’s flat and fast with wide open roads and views. Experienced riders may look to set a new personal record, or just enjoy speeding along all day. This course is also great for groups. The lack of big climbs makes it easier for groups to stay together and enjoy each other’s company. Whatever your reasons, the 100-mile route’s shady orchards and foothill views will delight and get you back early for our Post-Event Party.
Course Cut-off Times
- Any bike reaching the 65/100 mile turn off at Putah Creek Road and County Road 95A later than 10 a.m. will be rerouted to the 45-mile course.
- Any bike reaching the 100-mile turn off at Pleasant Valley Road and Putah Creek Road later than 10:45 a.m. will be rerouted to the 65-mile course.
- The Team LIVESTRONG Challenge Davis could not take place without the support and coordination of numerous local agencies such as Davis PD, California Highway Patrol and CalTrans, along with a wealth of local volunteers. Please obey the rules of the road and respect the local citizens who welcome this event with open arms.
- The Davis weather is likely to be hot and humid in June. There will be Power Stops with food and hydration along with mechanical and medical support every 10-15 miles. There will also be numerous Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles along the course that will assist with your journey.
- The Team LIVESTRONG Challenge maintains a high standard for support—we encourage all riders to use the available support put in place to make your journey as safe as possible.
Please note that any training or similar activities using these cue sheets, maps or charts are not part of a sponsored walk, run or ride, and that the LIVESTRONG Foundation, the event production partner of the Team LIVESTRONG Challenge events, NIKE USA and their respective affiliates are not responsible in any manner for conditions encountered or injuries incurred on these courses and routes prior to or following the Team LIVESTRONG Challenge event.