The car2go Marathon Relay consists of 6 equal legs of 4.37 miles. The total cumulative distance is equal to 26.2 miles, a full marathon. The Start Line, Relay Exchange Zone, and Finish Line are all located on Riverside Drive, directly across from Palmer Events Center. The 4.37 course is an out and back loop along Riverside Drive, the South First Street Bridge, and Cesar Chavez Street There is small elevation change along the route and no significant climbs.
Still want to run, but don't have a team? Solo runners can register for the 4.37 mile loop, starting and finishing on Riverside Drive as well. Individual loop runners follow the same out and back loop as Marathon Relay participants.
The start, finish and exchange zone for this event are at Palmer Events Center.
The race rules are as follows:
- Only one runner per team may be on the course at one time.
- Relay Baton hand-offs may only occur within the designated exchange zone. Runners are not permitted to enter the course anywhere except the exchange zone.
- The Relay Baton must complete all six legs of the relay.
- Each runner must wear their bib number on the front of their shirt, before entering the exchange zone and while on the course.
- Runners should wear the bib number-leg according to their order. For example, the second runner on the team with number 342 should wear bib number 342-2.
Weather Contingency Plan
In the event of inclement weather, the start time of this event may be delayed by up to one hour. Should the weather conditions be unsafe beyond a delay of one hour, the event will be canceled.