Race Day Rules
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER BEFORE RACE BEGINS.
- Wetsuits are permitted, depending on water temperature the day of the race
- SWIMMERS MUST CHECK IN during official check-in times TO HAVE RACE NUMBER MARKED ON SHOULDER WHICH MUST BE WORN FOR THE ENTIRE SWIM.
- The race director’s decision is final.
- All swimmers must finish the race by running through the finish flags area and PAST the timing table.
- PLEASE RESPECT YOUR FELLOW SWIMMERS!!! FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL PARTICIPANTS WE ASK THAT YOU MOVE BEYOND THE IMMEDIATE FINISH LINE AFTER FINISHING TO AVOID CROWDING OTHER SWIMMERS CROSSING THE FINISH LINE.
- In case of emergency in the water, the air horn will be sounded repeatedly. Please get out of the water immediately
Weather and Cancellation Policy:
It is possible that circumstances beyond the control of the Event Director (e.g. severe weather, changes in governmental policies affecting the event course, acts of God such as fire or flood or similar unforeseen circumstances) could cause substantial modification or even cancellation of the event. In such event, there would be no refund to participants nor any reimbursement for event related expenses incurred by participants. However, all registered participants will still receive registration items such as t-shirt and caps and will be automatically registered if we re-schedule the event.
***THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT UNLESS WEATHER IS SEVERE ***
In the case of severe weather before start:
RACE DAY- In the event of bad weather that may cause this event to be delayed or canceled as stated above the following protocol will be followed.
- A safety assessment of the current weather at race time will be determined by SFYL staff and Race Director and local law enforcement agencies.
- If the SFYL staff ,Lake Lanier Islands Staff or local law enforcement agencies feel it is unsafe to compete, the race will be delayed 15-30 minutes.
- After the first delay period up to 30 minutes has passed another assessment will be conducted at that time.
- If the SFYL staff and local law enforcement agencies feel it is safe the race will then be started.
- In the event that the weather does not allow the event to start after the first delay a second and final 15 minute delay will be put in place.
- After the second 15 minute delay has passed and it is safe to compete the race will then be started.
- In the event that the weather does not allow the event to start after the second delay the race will then be canceled.
- Upon the cancellation of the event it will not be rescheduled.