Team Information Page
We encourage participants to start or join teams in order to build camaraderie around the event, develop group fundraising strategies to help each person meet the minimum and create an experience participants look forward to each year.
Below are some helpful topics and links for teams to make sure you have the best possible experience with us.
Grow Your Team
Are you looking to create a bigger, better team for the 2012 Team LIVESTRONG Challenge Series? Check out this helpful resource on tactics that can be used to boost team recruitment.
Team Packet Pick-Up
A Team Packet Pick-Up will also be available in a separate location adjacent to the individual Packet Pick-Up. Registered teams of 10 or more members may use this option. Only one team member is required to pick up for the team, and we suggest that the team captain be this person. This individual will need to verify the team members for whom they are picking up packets and will also need each team member’s t-shirt size.
Our staff will fill the order and pack into boxes all team members’ packets and incentives. This will include individual rider bibs. Please note that we will not supply a packet for any team member who has not met the $250 fundraising minimum.
Outfit Your Team
Our partners at Giordana Cycling Apparel are committed to offering premium cycling clothing to LIVESTRONG fundraisers. For LIVESTRONG-based fundraising teams, Giordana provides an additional 5% discount, allowing riders to receive up to a 20% discount off of normally-priced clothing.
Custom clothing comes in two options:
- Italian-made FULL Custom clothing is best suited for teams that want the most variety of clothing styles, customization and creative design.
- NOW Custom is optimized for smaller teams. With NOW Custom, Giordana offers short sleeve jerseys with no minimum order, unlimited color design and 4-6 week turn-around-times.
Please contact the custom clothing specialists at email@example.com for more information.
Celebrate On-Event—Team Lawn
Teams that raise over $10,000 by the city deadline will be given FREE Team Lawn space and tent. The team captain will be contacted when their team reaches this goal.
- Each tent comes equipped with one 8-foot table and two chairs
Groups that are looking to purchase space or bring their own tent should contact firstname.lastname@example.org after May 1 with requests. Availability will be based on venue space and ensuring we have enough space for the teams who are fundraising to qualify.
- A 10x10 covered space with one 8-foot table and two chairs at the venue costs $300.
Food for the Team Lawn can be supplied by the team or through our catering program.
- Catering is available for a fee, only for a pre-ride/run breakfast the day of the event. More information will be released as the event approaches.
- Food for purchase is not guaranteed and varies by venue.
- Grills are not allowed.
- Alcoholic beverage consumption must follow the rules set forth by each venue.
Team tents are available during in Davis on Sunday; in Philly on Saturday and Sunday; and in Austin on Sunday. Tent location will be determined by our staff with feedback from each team captain on when they can drop off/set-up their area.
Tents can be moved in as follows:
- Philly—All day Friday, and after 11 a.m. on Saturday
Deadlines for registering your space are:
- Davis—June 8, 5 p.m. CT
- Philly—August 3, 5 p.m. CT
- Austin—September 5, 5 p.m. CT
Incentive levels are a great way to target your fundraising to a specific goal. In addition to the $10,000 qualification level for Team Lawn, teams can work towards team awards, presented during Challenge weekend. Check out the information per city below:
Please submit any questions to TeamLIVESTRONG@LIVESTRONG.org