We fight to improve the lives of people affected by cancer
- ...cervix is the part of the uterus which extends into the vagina. It is the passageway between the uterus and vagina. The cervix serves as a boundary between outside of the body and the inside of the bo...
- Gynocologic oncologists
- ...cervix, uterus, ovaries).
- Radical hysterectomy
- ...cervix, the uterus and part of the vagina. A radical hysterectomy sometimes involves removing nearby lymph nodes, ovaries or the fallopian tubes.
- ...cervix. Parts of the vagina may be removed as part of surgery to treat bladder or colorectal cancer. Vaginal reconstruction is often done at the same time.
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- ...cervix and a purified liquid, containing sperm cells, is injected directly into the woman's uterus. This procedure only lasts for a few minutes and is used to make conception easier.