We fight to improve the lives of people affected by cancer
- Lymph nodes
- Lymph nodes are small, bean-shaped organs located along the vessels of the lymphatic system. Clusters of lymph nodes can be found in the neck, underarms, chest, abdomen, and groin. Lymph nodes store w...
- Lymph node mapping
- ...lymph nodes that contain tumor cells. Dyes and radioactive substances are usually injected into the area of the tumor to help the surgeon locate the lymph nodes. It can also be called sentinel lymph n...
- ...lymph nodes that filter lymph fluid for the upper part of your body are located in the axilla. For the lower limbs, the filtering lymph nodes are located in the groin.
- Lymph node dissection
- Lymph node dissection is a surgery that removes lymph nodes so they can be examined to see whether they contain cancer. This surgery can also be called a lymphadenectomy.
- Radical hysterectomy
- ...lymph nodes, ovaries or the fallopian tubes.