We fight to improve the lives of people affected by cancer
- ...oocytes she will ever have. Each month about 50 oocytes start to grow and mature, but only one or two normally reach the fully, mature stage. A follicle (bubble of fluid on the surface of the ovary) r...
- Sperm cell
- ...oocyte. The sperm has an oval head with a special ""cap"" that contains chemicals that can drill a hole in the oocyte, allowing the sperm to enter and fertilize the oocyte. Only on...
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- ...oocyte) in order to produce an embryo, a fertilized egg.
- ...oocyte (immature egg) is traveling through her fallopian tubes, where it may meet a sperm and fertilization can take place. Midcycle usually happens around days 14 through 16, after a woman's firs...