We fight to improve the lives of people affected by cancer
- ...breast. It is usually done to treat breast cancer. Sometimes women at high risk for breast cancer get mastectomies because they want to decrease their risk for breast cancer.
- Modified radical mastectomy
- ...breast cancer in which the breast, the lining over the chest muscles, and some or all of the nearby lymph nodes are removed. Sometimes the surgeon also removes part of the chest wall muscles.
- ...breast cancer. It protects breast cells from the hormone estrogen. However, tamoxifen also acts like a weak estrogen in the vagina and uterus. Tamoxifen does not interfere with women's desire for ...
- Aromatase inhibitors
- ...breast cancer, because estrogen makes the tumor grow. Aromatase inhibitors can also be used to treat infertility.