We fight to improve the lives of people affected by cancer
- ...surgery that removes part or all of the penis. It is usually used to treat penile cancer.
- Lymph node dissection
- ...surgery that removes lymph nodes so they can be examined to see whether they contain cancer. This surgery can also be called a lymphadenectomy.
- ...surgery to remove a tumor and possibly some surrounding healthy tissue. The tissue is examined to determine if cancer cells have spread beyond the tumor.
- ...surgery to remove part or all of the vagina. Total vaginectomy is usually a treatment for vaginal cancer or advanced cancer of the cervix. Parts of the vagina may be removed as part of surgery to trea...
- ...surgery to remove a woman's breast. It is usually done to treat breast cancer. Sometimes women at high risk for breast cancer get mastectomies because they want to decrease their risk for breast c...