We created the LIVESTRONG Cancer Survivorship Training Curriculum to provide Promotores (community health workers) the information and tools to help cancer survivors in their communities navigate the health care system.
- The curriculum includes five sessions:
- Cancer in the Hispanic/Latino community
- What is cancer survivorship?
- What are the physical concerns?
- What are the emotional concerns?
- What are the day-to-day concerns?
The in-person training includes videos, role-playing activities and a final quiz to increase the application and knowledge on the topics discussed.