Living with cancer isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be so hard. It’s the everyday cancer problems, like telling your loved ones or paying the bills. The problems that simply don’t deserve to exist.
Settling for surviving isn’t good enough. It’s time to change how we help people live with cancer. Livestrong isn’t just about hope. Our legacy is more than a wristband. We are listeners, collaborators, and practical problem solvers improving the everyday lives of anyone affected by cancer.
We are finding new solutions to old problems right now so we can fix them for good. We are dedicated to disruptive, energetic and breakthrough ideas designed to ensure that each and every person with cancer doesn’t just survive, they Livestrong.
Because if you’re living with cancer, you deserve more than just hope for a better tomorrow. You deserve a better today!
The Accounting Manager position is responsible for adhering to standards of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), maintaining financial records, and possessing a broad base of accounting knowledge. The overall responsibilities of this position are to perform monthly bank reconciliations, monitor activity in credit card gateways, prepare and monitor donation activity, general ledger accounting, assist Director of Accounting in monthly financial statement preparation and annual Audit support, while working cross-functionally across departments.
- Processes full cycle in Accounts Payable
- Handles bank deposits and corresponding journal entries
- Manages corporate credit card program including data export and integration into Accounting Software
- Maintains general ledger accounting including:
• Prepaid accounts
• Fixed Assets
• Accounts Payable
• Deferred Revenue
• Expense Allocations
- Assists with month-end close, management financials preparation
- Prepares financial metrics and analysis as requested to department heads
- Provide support for annual Audit preparation
- Prepare annual 1099 forms
Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other Business concentration from a four-year university
- Experience: 4 years experience in a high volume accounting department; knowledge of non-profit accounting
- Advanced Excel Knowledge (Pivot tables and advanced functions)
- General knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc), Sage Intaact, online banking systems, payment processors and Salesforce