Living with cancer isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be so hard. It’s the everyday cancer problems, like telling your loved ones or paying the bills. The problems that simply don’t deserve to exist.
Settling for surviving isn’t good enough. It’s time to change how we help people live with cancer. Livestrong isn’t just about hope. Our legacy is more than a wristband. We are listeners, collaborators, and practical problem solvers improving the everyday lives of anyone affected by cancer.
We are finding new solutions to old problems right now so we can fix them for good. We are dedicated to disruptive, energetic and breakthrough ideas designed to ensure that each and every person with cancer doesn’t just survive, they Livestrong.
Because if you’re living with cancer, you deserve more than just hope for a better tomorrow. You deserve a better today!
A critical part of our core marketing team, the Livestrong Brand Manager is the brand captain for one of the most well-known and respected non-profits in the world. In partnership with the VP of Marketing and Communications, this person will contribute to the annual business plan by creating, planning and executing intentional marketing campaigns integrating data and intuition to ratchet the growth of the Livestrong brand into the 2020s and beyond. As the brand champion, this person is the on the front line of our company’s marketing efforts forging relationships, leveraging partnerships and building programs, activations and experiences to capture the hearts and minds of consumers. The Livestrong Brand Manager ensures that all marketing activities reflect strategic priorities and produce lifts in brand awareness and donations to the foundation. The Livestrong Brand Manager is a creative force who tells compelling stories of innovation and human interest that drive brand strategy through digital engagement, events, social media, powerful brand experiences and grassroots activations to educate and inspire people all over the world. Specific responsibilities include:
- Brand Management: Be the dragon in the moat and defend the castle. Serve as the voice of the Livestrong consumer and protect the brand.
- Consumer Activations: Assess concepts and strategy against consumer insights and the Livestrong brand vision to create new physical and digital consumer experiences that accelerate brand and business growth.
- Culture Marketing: Create experiences (“small fires”) outside the annual campaign calendar to drive buzz (“surprise and delight”). Deliver talk of the town experiences that drive excitement and inject Livestrong into cultural chatter.
- Campaign Building: Leverage the entire marketing toolkit (creative strategy, culture marketing, media production, athlete and influencer marketing, field marketing, etc.) to build robust, integrated marketing plans to fuel growth. Become all pro and blocking and tackling.
- Digital Storytelling: Transform content production and optimize digital channel marketing to empower emotional brand storytelling that moves people to act.
- Ambassador Program Management: Build ambassador and influencer programs across key consumer groups to grow social proof.
- Creative Direction: Steward a distinct brand expression that presents Livestrong as an authentic, culturally present brand that educates and inspires people to overcome their challenges.
- Consumer Insights and Market Research: Employ research to track
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in consumer marketing for a lifestyle brand, with skill and expertise in the following areas: brand strategy, brand activation, campaign building and execution, and partner marketing.
- Minimum 2 years of people management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- The ability to lead and cultivate a strong team environment.
- Coordination of collaborative projects from ideation through planning and execution.
- Professional team-player, collaborative, and is open to feedback.
- Dynamic communicator with the ability to write, present, and share ideas articulately.
- Big picture thinker who can bring ideas to life.
- Problem solver who seeks solutions.
- Approaches new and different ideas with curiosity and open-mindedness; an entrepreneurial thinker.
- Flexible attitude and able to cope with a fast-changing environment.
- Self-starter who brings energy, enthusiasm and optimism to the team and to the foundation.
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for details.
- The ability to plan, execute, and analyze a marketing strategy.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively across numerous projects integrating internal and external resources.
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with other teams to effectively generate, execute and report on marketing programs.
- Travel up to 5% is expected.