Living with cancer isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be so hard. It’s the everyday cancer problems, like telling your loved ones or paying the bills. The problems that simply don’t deserve to exist.
Settling for surviving isn’t good enough. It’s time to change how we help people live with cancer. Livestrong isn’t just about hope. Our legacy is more than a wristband. We are listeners, collaborators, and practical problem solvers improving the everyday lives of anyone affected by cancer.
We are finding new solutions to old problems right now so we can fix them for good. We are dedicated to disruptive, energetic and breakthrough ideas designed to ensure that each and every person with cancer doesn’t just survive, they Livestrong.
Because if you’re living with cancer, you deserve more than just hope for a better tomorrow. You deserve a better today!
The Development Coordinator is a broad role, with responsibilities that span several functional areas:
Relationship Management and Donation Solicitation
- Hold a portfolio of teams and fundraisers, building relationships and providing support to increase peer-to-peer fundraising and organizational revenue.
- Develop strategic business relationships to secure funding through events to achieve annual revenue targets in the $100,000 range.
- Prospect for new participants and fundraisers; build a pipeline of prospects, and create a diverse, active and fluid portfolio of accounts.
- Prospect, recruit and manage relationships with a broad, diverse network of volunteers.
Event Logistics and Execution
- Support the planning, implementation, and production of assigned fundraising events.
- Lead execution of assigned special events, including preparation, set-up, event execution and tear-down.
- Ensure relationships in portfolio are identified, tracked, and updated timely in available Livestrong data platforms, including Salesforce.
- Work effectively with all departments to deliver objectives.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of Livestrong funding priorities and activities, ensuring self-comfort and confidence in speaking to these priorities with fundraisers and volunteers (as appropriate).
- Accountable to implement the operational plans.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of revenue and expense management of the entire department
- Be a Livestrong ambassador and speak to our mission, culture and core values.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or other Business concentration from a four-year university.
- Experience: 2+years in a high-volume Development department; knowledge of non-profit Development and events.
- General Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience executing events to support revenue growth, relationship acquisition, and retention.
- Passion for the Livestrong mission. Motivated by service, humility and compassion for helping people.
- CRM (constituent relationship management) software usage experience, including Salesforce.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification.
- Advanced degree in Business, Communications, or business-related field.
- Demonstrated success in a fundraising and events role in a non-profit organization.
- Required travel, locally and domestically, to fundraisers, volunteers, and events; up to 50%.