Director of Community and Corporate Relations
Living with cancer isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be so hard. It’s the everyday cancer problems, like telling your loved ones or paying the bills. The problems that simply don’t deserve to exist.
Settling for surviving isn’t good enough. It’s time to change how we help people live with cancer. Livestrong isn’t just about hope. Our legacy is more than a wristband. We are listeners, collaborators, and practical problem solvers improving the everyday lives of anyone affected by cancer.
We are finding new solutions to old problems right now so we can fix them for good. We are dedicated to disruptive, energetic and breakthrough ideas designed to ensure that each and every person with cancer doesn’t just survive, they Livestrong.
Because if you’re living with cancer, you deserve more than just hope for a better tomorrow. You deserve a better today!
The Director of Community and Corporate Relations is externally focused on individual donor and corporate relationships and revenue, requiring routine internal cross-functional collaboration:
Relationship Management and Solicitation
- Manage a portfolio of high-wealth donors and corporate partners, both national and specifically focused on the Austin community; building relationships, identifying moves plans, and executing asks to increase organizational revenue.
- Provide leadership as senior-level relationship contact for Livestrong to local Austin and national individual donors and corporate partners.
- Develop and manage donor and corporate relationships to secure funding to achieve annual revenue targets in the $1 million range annually with a focus on gifts of $10,000 and above.
- Actively and aggressively pursue and solicit Livestrong’s network, cultivating lapsed and current donor and corporate relationships and maximizing giving potential.
- With staff and volunteer leaders, prospect for new donors and corporate partners; build a pipeline of prospects, and create a diverse, active and fluid portfolio of accounts.
- Engage in external activities or learnings to understand and react to industry and donor trends and effectively incorporates these into moves plans and relationship strategies.
- Continuously assess risk and identify opportunities with each relationship, adjusting moves plans and asks accordingly.
- Serve as a resource and collaborative fundraising partner to colleagues at the Livestrong Cancer Institutes to ensure revenue success and program sustainability.
- Work closely with the Director of Development and Director of Individual Giving, among others, to steward overlap relationships and identify fundraiser/major donor pipeline.
- Work effectively with all departments to deliver objectives.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of Livestrong funding priorities and activities, ensuring self-comfort and confidence in speaking to these priorities with donors and partners (as appropriate).
- Accountable to implement the operational plans.
- Monitor revenue and expenses within General Giving, including Campaign Donations, Workplace Giving, Individual Giving, Major Gifts, Planned Giving & Bequests, and Corporate Alliances, and contribute to the effectiveness of revenue and expenses management of the entire department.
- Ensure communication and integration both within the Development team and with all other departments.
- Be a Livestrong ambassador and speak to our mission, culture and core values.
Corporate Partnership Solicitation
- Identify sponsor assets and execute benefits for secured corporate relationships.
- Provide recaps and reconciliation reports to corporate partners as needed.
- Prospect and pursue corporate leads, identifying creative and unique opportunities for engagement, support, and activation in Livestrong events and initiatives.
- Secure sponsors for Livestrong events, including Livestrong Challenge and iCONN, among others.
- Ensure relationships in portfolio are identified, tracked, and updated timely in available Livestrong data platforms, including Salesforce.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or other Business concentration from a four-year university.
- Experience: 5+years in a high-volume Development department; knowledge of non-profit Development, major gifts, and corporate relations.
- General Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.).
- CRM (constituent relationship management) software usage experience, including Salesforce.
- Experience implementing giving programs to support revenue growth and relationship acquisition and retention.
- Communication and organizational skills to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across departments and teams.
- Passion for the Livestrong mission. Motivated by service, humility and compassion for helping people.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification.
- Advanced degree in Business, Communications, or business-related field.
- Demonstrated success in a major gift role in a non-profit organization (3-5 years non-profit experience ideal) with 8+ years of experience in both for-profit and non-profit industries.