Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Living with cancer isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be so hard. It’s the everyday cancer problems, like telling your loved ones or paying the bills. The problems that simply don’t deserve to exist.
Settling for surviving isn’t good enough. It’s time to change how we help people live with cancer. Livestrong isn’t just about hope. Our legacy is more than a wristband. We are listeners, collaborators, and practical problem solvers improving the everyday lives of anyone affected by cancer.
We are finding new solutions to old problems right now so we can fix them for good. We are dedicated to disruptive, energetic and breakthrough ideas designed to ensure that each and every person with cancer doesn’t just survive, they Livestrong.
Because if you’re living with cancer, you deserve more than just hope for a better tomorrow. You deserve a better today!
The Vice President of Marketing and Communications leads a team of managers and staff to plan and implement a strategic, integrated marketing approach across all Foundation initiatives, programs, and activities. This person strategically aligns activities; integrates the marketing communications, public relations, creative strategy and execution, events and brand management functions; and identifies key cities and target populations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Leads marketing strategy, planning and project management of marketing activities across organizational objectives and for cross-functional initiatives to accomplish the strategic priorities, mission and vision of the organization
- Collaborates with the Creative Team, business owners and stakeholders to develop and implement the marketing strategy
- Manages all Marketing Planning and Project Management team members and day-to-day operations related to marketing strategy development, planning and project management
- Leverages key partnerships to support marketing plans, communicate messaging, drive growth, and engage constituents
- Creates and manages standardized marketing and communication processes, including operating procedures and quality assurance
- Determines best practices for oversight of marketing strategy development, planning and project management, including evaluation and implementation of process changes as necessary
- Oversees integrated marketing communication to internal stakeholders, including marketing plans, push calendar, process updates and changes ensuring understanding and support across the organization
- Oversees marketing integration meetings with representatives and business owners across functional departments and focus areas
- Develops and manages the annual marketing operating plan and budget, captures program expenses and ROI and ensures budget performance and management
- Develops and executes a comprehensive, long-term and proactive organization-wide communications, marketing and branding strategy consistent with the strategic goals, plans, and aspirations of the Foundation
- Maintains a deep understanding of marketing trends, utilizes a research based approach to identify key messages and audiences, and works consistently to tell organizational impact and survivor stories by weaving them together to create a consistent, unified message in support of the Livestrong brand
- Serves as the Livestrong brand manager, with the responsibility of positioning the Foundation in the market, nationwide and globally, determining target audiences and maintaining the desired reputation
- Serves as an active member of the Senior Leadership Team, responsible for collaborating with organizational leadership in creating the organization's overall vision, mission, values, beliefs, and strategic goals
- Serves as a staff liaison and works closely with the board of directors, informing, assessing, and addressing issues that affect the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, public relations, or communications
- 8-10 years of experience in marketing, communications, and/or public relations agency or related area with an emphasis on Digital Marketing
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience in non-profit organization a plus
- Hands-on expertise in marketing databases & CRM tools - experience specifically with Campaign Monitor, Asana, Salesforce, Classy, Hootsuite are a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products and Google; familiarity with Google Analytics
- Strong written communications skills
- Strong idea generator, ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Experience in creative direction, working in Adobe suite
- Experience in PR/Communications campaigns or efforts
- Experience in creative development and marketing strategy for fundraising events and campaigns
- Team player who operates well in a dynamic, all hands-on deck environment
- Well organized, ability to manage multiple tasks on tight deadlines with a great attention to detail
- Strong problem solving, priority-setting and decision-making skills
- A strong commitment to Livestrong's vision and role in the cancer community
- Positive, resourceful, and flexible
- Travel of up to 5% is expected.