VP of Strategic Development
To improve the lives of people affected by cancer, now.
Your Role in Our Mission
The VP of Strategic Development will report directly to the President/CEO and oversees three key strategic and operational areas:
- Traditional Development and Fundraising Functions – Strategic and operational oversight of Major Giving efforts, Annual Giving programs, and Online and Targeted Mail campaigns.
- Strategic Oversight of Special Event Fundraising – Provides direct oversight to leaders of our Special Event fundraising activities. This includes coordination and synchronization of branding, messaging, and media campaigns; as well as overall strategic alignment with the organization’s fundraising programs and initiatives.
- Restricted Giving Campaigns for Specific Mission and Impact Programs – Development and execution of restricted giving campaigns aimed at specific mission activities and initiatives creating direct and measurable impact for the cancer community and our constituents.
- Leads a comprehensive and proactive development strategy focused on funding LIVESTRONG’s innovative programs and life-changing services.
- Supports the day-to-day operations of development and fundraising efforts with internal and external stakeholders in order to meet and expand LIVESTRONG’s overall revenue goals.
- Serves as a collaborative leader and strategic partner providing vision, direction, mentorship, and coaching to the development team.
- Conducts comprehensive research in order to identify new funding models and additional sources of monetary support from foundations, corporations, government and other institutional sources.
- Proposal development, solicitation, oversight and relationship building with key stakeholders in the areas major giving, annual giving, corporate partnerships, grant and foundation giving, online giving and planned giving.
- Oversees appropriate systems for evaluating processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness by regularly reporting key metrics, revenue goals and targets for participation, stewardship and conversion of donors, corporate partners and other organizations.
- Establishes forecasts and budgets, managing revenues and expenses in order to ensure proper fiscal stewardship.
- Takes initiative in leading key projects as assigned.
This critical role is responsible for planning, developing, and executing comprehensive strategies for future and targeted revenue generation programs in order to increase LIVESTRONG’s impact while building and sustaining critical financial resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 7-10 years progressive experience in a nonprofit association or similar organization with core responsibilities related to development and fundraising.
- Direct leadership experience with oversight of a successful development team and/or strategic planning process.
- Proven track record in achieving substantial funding.
- PC proficiency and skills in MS Office specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) Certification, Certificate of Fund Raising Management (CFRM), or Project Management (PMP)
- Active leadership within the Association of Fundraising Professionals or similar organization within the local or national philanthropic community.