Lend your voice, passion and experience to improve healthcare systems for people affected by cancer. We rely on passionate volunteers to help advance our policy platform.
Issues We Care About
Access to Care
Availability and Affordability of Innovations.
Engagement of survivors and caregivers in the development and implementation of treatment and support plans.
Adequate federal funding to our nation's leading research institutions
Sharing your cancer story with elected officials does make a difference. See examples of our recent advocacy actions below.
Highlights From Recent Initiatives
- Advocating for the patient voice as part of the Vice President's Cancer Moonshot Summit.
- Ensuring federal funding for cancer survivorship services is adequate.
- Improving access to cancer care in the United States and globally.
- Meeting with decision makers through events like the One Voice Against Cancer Lobby Day (OVAC).
- Ensuring care delivery is innovative and patient centered.
Become an Advocate
Cancer Community Reconciliation Letter
Senate Clinical Trial Letter June 2022
Clinical Trial Diversity Letter
Paid Leave Letter
Moonshot Initiative Letter
OVAC Letter on Passing FY22 Omnibus
Patient Organizations Response to Healthy Future Security Taskforce
Why I Advocate
"I thought I knew a lot about cancer, but all that changed when my mother was diagnosed. My mother’s fight made me realize that I needed share my story to advocate for better and more resources to support cancer survivors and their families."
Aimee Thorne-Thomsen, Livestrong Leader, OVAC Participant