Become an Advocate
Lend your voice, passion and experience to improve healthcare systems for people affected by cancer. We rely on passionate volunteers to help advance our policy platform.
Get The Word Out
Follow @livestrongadv on Twitter for updates on our advocacy work.
Sign up to take action! Join LIVESTRONG’s Advocacy email list and make your voice heard!
Learn About Our Priorities
Read our Policy Platform to learn about our Priorities and why this work is essential.
Our advocacy actions include direct lobbying, leading online petitions, grassroots letter writing campaigns, social media, testifying before state and federal policymakers, authoring briefs and position statements, hosting forums, and influencing the federal rule-making process.
Highlights From Recent Initiatives
- Advocating for the patient voice as part of the Vice President's Cancer Moonshot Summit. Check out our Facebook Livestream panel discussion and article, There is more to cancer than “the cure.”.
- Ensuring federal funding for cancer survivorship services is adequate.
- Improving access to cancer care in the United States and globally.
- Meeting with decision makers through events like the One Voice Against Cancer Lobby Day (OVAC).
- Ensuring care delivery is innovative and patient centered.
Why I Advocate
"I thought I knew a lot about cancer, but all that changed when my mother was diagnosed. My mother’s fight made me realize that I needed share my story to advocate for better and more resources to support cancer survivors and their families."
Aimee Thorne-Thomsen, LIVESTRONG Leader, OVAC Participant