LIVESTRONG means doing the best and the most for those affected by cancer, now. Our vision is that people living with cancer have everything they need throughout their journey. We provide individuals and communities with best-in-class programs and services that meaningfully improve their cancer experience. LIVESTRONG is about the person, not the disease.
With that in mind, LIVESTRONG Leaders act as community representatives to help LIVESTRONG strengthen our mission, amplify our message and expand our movement of supporters in local communities and online in three distinct ways: providing education and raising awareness around our programs and services, participating in LIVESTRONG supported and sanctioned legislative advocacy activities and taking part in Team LIVESTRONG and grassroots fundraising efforts.
Become a Leader!
To find out more about the LIVESTRONG Leader program and/or to connect with a LIVESTRONG Leader near you, please email leaders@LIVESTRONG.org.
- LIVESTRONG Leaders must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- LIVESTRONG Leaders must have regular and consistent access to a computer and the internet.
- Development and delivery of a completed Action Plan is required from each Leader to prepare Leaders in the execution of their LIVESTRONG Leader volunteer activities, as well as assist LIVESTRONG staff in the evaluation of Leader activities throughout the service term. Directions, materials and necessary templates to effectively and easily complete an Action Plan will be provided sometime after the 2018 LIVESTRONG Leader service term commences.
- Successfully log onto the designated online community platform utilized for the LIVESTRONG Leader virtual community. Email notifications and registration links will be generated shortly after the 2018 LIVESTRONG Leader service term commences.
- Complete a mid-year and end-of-year satisfaction engagement surveys concerning the LIVESTRONG Leader program. Links to the surveys are provided to members of the Leader program when appropriate.
- Utilize the Report Back Tool to report back at least quarterly on your activities as a LIVESTRONG Leader. The link to the online reporting tool will be made available after the 2018 LIVESTRONG Leader term commences.
- Participate in the live LIVESTRONG Leader Webex calls or simply listen to the recording (links to the recordings provided to all Leaders when available). LIVESTRONG Leader Webex calls occur 6-8 times throughout the calendar year. A schedule will be provided after the 2018 LIVESTRONG Leader service term commences.
- 2018 LIVESTRONG Leaders located in the US will be required to provide education and awareness, participate in appropriate advocacy, and fundraise at least $1000 for LIVESTRONG through any Team LIVESTRONG event or a community fundraising event of their own creation.
- 2018 LIVESTRONG Leaders located internationally (outside of the US) will be required to represent LIVESTRONG in their local communities, promote appropriate mission activities, and provide general cancer awareness.
The application period for the 2018 LIVESTRONG Leader Program is now closed.
Our LIVESTRONG Leaders
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Jean Di Carlo-Wagner
San Diego, California
Mount Pleasant, Michigan