Cost of Preservation
With average cost for female fertility preservation in the United States being $12,000 for women and $700 for men, we hope to provide affordable preservation options to cancer survivors. The Livestrong Fertility Discount Program has partnered with compassionate clinics across the country who have all committed to providing at least a 25% discount to their services for qualifying patients. In addition, we partner with EMD Serono to provide free stimulation medication to patients approved through our program.
Step 1. Once you have decided to pursue preservation, please use our fertility clinic search tool found here to find a partner clinic to discuss your options and their availability. Once a clinic has been located and contacted, please proceed to step 2. If you are a Participating Clinic, please see Step 3.
Step 2. Who can apply?
If the following facts apply to you, then you may be eligible for the program:
1. You are lawfully present in the United States
2. You have or had a diagnosis of cancer or have a male partner that had a diagnosis of cancer
Additional Criteria - Men Only
3. Annual adjusted gross household income is less than or equal to $101,000 (if single) or $130,000 (if married)
4. Uninsured or limited insurance coverage for the treatments and procedures required for sperm cryopreservation
Additional Criteria - Women Only
5. Annual adjusted gross household income is less than or equal to $130,000 (if single) or $170,000 (if married)
6. Uninsured or limited insurance coverage for the treatments and procedures required for embryo freezing or egg freezing
Over $74.6M fertility preservation expenses saved
700+ fertility clinics & cryobanks in our network
380+ health care providers trained
14,800+ people served
More than 150,000 people of reproductive age are diagnosed with cancer each year. For cancer survivors, fertility preservation can be distressing. Insurance providers often don't cover the cost of expensive treatment and patients can be faced with starting cancer treatment right away which may impact their fertility.
Livestrong fertility helps bridge this gap by offering access to discounted fertility preservation services and free medications, giving survivors the chance to build a family. We are dedicated to helping women and men diagnosed during their reproductive years better understand cancer-related risks to their fertility and access discounted fertility preservation services and free medication.
Additionally, the Livestrong Fertility Brochure serves as an educational tool for patients and providers to inform survivors about cancer-related fertility risks and options for preserving fertility. The brochure is available as a pdf in both English and Spanish here. To order physical brochures in English for your patients, click here.
Stay informed. Stay in touch.
Sign up below to get information from Livestrong straight to your inbox.