Cost of Preservation
With average cost for female fertility preservation in the United States being $12,000 for women and $700 for men, we hope to provide affordable preservation options to cancer survivors. The Livestrong Fertility Discount Program has partnered with compassionate clinics across the country who have all committed to providing at least a 25% discount to their services for qualifying patients. In addition, we partner with EMD Serono to provide free stimulation medication to patients approved through our program.
Step 1. Once you have decided to pursue preservation, please use our fertility clinic search tool found here to find a partner clinic to discuss your options and their availability. Confirm they offer the service you are interested in pursuing. Once a clinic has been consulted, please proceed to step 2. If you are a Participating Clinic, please see Step 3.
Step 2. Who can apply?
All patients will be asked to complete an eligibility screening before gaining access to our online application.
If the following facts apply to you, then you may be eligible for the program:
- You are lawfully present in the United States
- You have or had a diagnosis of cancer or have a partner that had a diagnosis of cancer
- Oncologist has determined that the recommended cancer treatments presents the risk of infertility or has caused risk to the patient’s fertility
- Oncologist and reproductive endocrinologist have both determined that the treatments and associated medications are medically appropriate
- The fertility center has agreed to provide the requested service through the Livestrong Fertility Discount Program
Additional Criteria - Men Only
- Annual adjusted gross household income is less than or equal to $101,000 (if single) or $130,000 (if married)
- Uninsured or limited insurance coverage for the treatments and procedures required for sperm cryopreservation
Additional Criteria - Women Only
- Annual adjusted gross household income is less than or equal to $130,000 (if single) or $170,000 (if married)
- Uninsured or limited insurance coverage for the treatments and procedures required for embryo freezing or egg freezing
Step 3. Apply
Applications are accepted between 11am – 5pm EST
Patients will first be prompted to complete an eligibility screening. Please answer questions truthfully and completely.
Please be prepared to enter your income without punctuation.
Please be prepared to provide the zip code of the clinic in our network you have spoken to and chosen to work with.
A zip code must be entered first to pull the partner clinic’s name from our drop-down menu.
If you are a patient and still have questions please call 855-844-7777 between 8:30am – 5pm EST, Mondays-Fridays.
If you are looking for an update on the status of your application or to access the fertility portal, please click here.
If you are a Fertility Clinic, please click here to begin.
Sheri, Chris & Isaac Finstad. Isaac was born in February of 2021 after a successful IVF transfer at Livestrong Fertility Network Partner Mayo Clinic. Chris is a two-time Testicular cancer survivor.
If you currently do not qualify for the Livestrong Fertility program or are seeking discounted resources to help you heal, be well or build a family please speak with our partners at Beyond Med! With the Beyond Med platform, members receive an average of 20% off fertility, mental wellness, nutrition, physical therapy and more. Regardless of the plan you choose, your dollars will directly benefit the Livestrong Foundation, to help others like you. Visit Beyond Med today!
Over $74.6M fertility preservation expenses saved
700+ fertility clinics & cryobanks in our network
380+ health care providers trained
14,800+ people served
More than 150,000 people of reproductive age are diagnosed with cancer each year. For cancer survivors, fertility preservation can be distressing. Insurance providers often don't cover the cost of expensive treatment and patients can be faced with starting cancer treatment right away which may impact their fertility.
Livestrong fertility helps bridge this gap by offering access to discounted fertility preservation services and free medications, giving survivors the chance to build a family. We are dedicated to helping women and men diagnosed during their reproductive years better understand cancer-related risks to their fertility and access discounted fertility preservation services and free medication.
Additionally, the Livestrong Fertility Brochure serves as an educational tool for patients and providers to inform survivors about cancer-related fertility risks and options for preserving fertility. The brochure is available as a pdf in both English and Spanish here.