The LIVESTRONG Leaders Program engages volunteers across the globe in support of our mission to improve the lives of people affected by cancer now. By supporting our priorities, developing relationships with community leaders and initiating their own activities, more communities and indviduals are impacted by the Foundation's mission and services.
LIVESTRONG Leader Program FAQs
How does the LIVESTRONG Leader Program function and run?
- The 2016 LIVESTRONG Leaders volunteer for an abbreviated term beginning on April 1, 2016 and ending on December 31, 2016.
- In April and May of 2016, Leaders are provided online training and support materials from the Foundation.
- Throughout the year, staff at the LIVESTRONG Foundation provide ongoing support, informational calls and opportunities to take action and participate in our strategic priorities.
- On average, Leaders spend 1-2 hours per week fulfilling their role.
- LIVESTRONG Leaders are organized into geographic regions domestically and internationally.
- Each region is comprised of Leaders within the same geographic vicinity.
- Each region has a Senior Leader who has previously served as a Leader for a minimum of two years.
- Senior Leaders are required to communicate with Leaders in their region on a regular basis via email and/or conference calls as possible.
- Senior Leaders provide an additional layer of peer-to-peer guidance, communication and support for Leaders.
What are the eligibility requirements to be a LIVESTRONG Leader?
- LIVESTRONG Leaders must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- LIVESTRONG Leaders must have access to a computer and the internet.
- LIVESTRONG Leaders are required to fundraise a minimum of $1000 for the Foundation.
- LIVESTRONG Leaders are required to complete online training.
- LIVESTRONG Leaders are required to participate in and/or promote LIVESTRONG advocacy actions and/or promotion of LIVESTRONG community programs.
- LIVESTRONG Leaders are required to participate in Team LIVESTRONG events (including satellite participation) and/or host a community fundraising event.
Who should apply?
Anyone is welcome to apply! We encourage applicants to have a basic understanding of the Foundation’s mission and programs.
Can I talk to a LIVESTRONG Leader in my Community?
We are happy to connect interested individuals with Leaders in their community. If you are interested, please email leaders@LIVESTRONG.org.