Living with cancer isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be so hard. It’s the everyday cancer problems, like telling your loved ones or paying the bills. The problems that simply don’t deserve to exist.
Settling for surviving isn’t good enough. It’s time to change how we help people live with cancer. Livestrong isn’t just about hope. Our legacy is more than a wristband. We are listeners, collaborators, and practical problem solvers improving the everyday lives of anyone affected by cancer.
We are finding new solutions to old problems right now so we can fix them for good. We are dedicated to disruptive, energetic and breakthrough ideas designed to ensure that each and every person with cancer doesn’t just survive, they Livestrong.
Because if you’re living with cancer, you deserve more than just hope for a better tomorrow. You deserve a better today!
Livestrong’s Content Manager will be responsible for growing and engaging online communities through person-centered storytelling. Part strategist, writer, and project manager, the Content Manager will collaborate closely with Mission, Development, and Events teams to identify campaign-specific storytelling opportunities, then will own the process for generating, publishing, and reporting against all external content.
- Cultivate content marketing and inbound strategies to drive traffic, engagement, brand awareness, retention, and revenue across all channels.
- Create and edit content, mobilizing storytelling opportunities on all channels — owned, earned, and paid platforms.
- Understand Livestrong’s audience - build out relevant personas, journeys, and automations.
- Integrate content strategy with time-specific campaigns to drive development, event, and program goals.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive communications calendar to track content across email, social media, web, and campaign-specific content.
- Foster a culture of storytelling, optimizing internal processes for collecting and sharing constituent stories.
- Grow and engage Livestrong’s online communities.
- Assist with the development of content governance guidelines for tone, style, and voice of all content, and ensure they are followed.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and with contractors to accomplish content goals.
- Establish strategies for media relations, seeking placements in print, broadcast, and online channels, and create the corresponding content including press releases, articles, and presentations.
- Build relationships with thought leaders and influencers in the cancer and nonprofit space and nurture brand awareness, while gathering knowledge of industry trends.
- Use your understanding of SEO, keyword research, information architecture, and usability best practices to deliver targeted content.
- Conduct periodic content audits and integrate learnings into broader strategy.
Skills & Requirements
- Proven content strategy experience – professional portfolio preferred.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, with experience writing long-form content and creative copywriting for social media and advertising.
- Experience with digital marketing functions including SEO, social media, paid advertising, email strategy, etc.
- Content Monetization Skills – present ideas around how content can drive revenue.
- Experience with public, media and influencer relations.
- Good analytical abilities to spot patterns and trends in content marketing data
- Experience in project management – you will have to handle several types of projects and people regularly
- A Diploma or bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Graphic design, website design, illustration, UX, videography and photography is a bonus.