The LIVESTRONG Solution Grants program recognizes and funds organizations who are developing through cutting edge, inventive, and sustainable solutions to overlooked cancer problems.
Focus Areas/Funding Priorities
LIVESTRONG's Mission: Improve the lives of people affected by cancer, now.
LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes' mission: To rethink the full range of cancer care, from prevention to diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and end-of-life care — all with a focus on the patient’s needs, values and preferences.
Projects and organizations funded must also directly support the LIVESTRONG mission and the mission of the LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes and should not be at odds with either mission.
LIVESTRONG focus areas and funding priorities
- Post-treatment care
- Patient and caregiver education
- Comprehensive quality of life services
- Streamlining systems and care
More information about our focus areas can be viewed here.
- Organizations are based in the U.S. with valid Tax ID #.
- Organizations have been established for at least one year.
- No restrictions for reapplication for both successful and unsuccessful grantseekers.
- Organizations can apply for both types of grants each funding cycle (i.e. LIVESTRONG Acceleration Grants OR LIVESTRONG Transformation Grants).
- All projects must be aligned with the LIVESTRONG mission, LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes mission and funding areas/priorities.
- Projects must have been established for longer than nine months.
- Projects must demonstrate how they currently generate impact.
- Projects must have measurable outcomes, and be sustainable for the duration of the grant.
- LIVESTRONG Transformation Grant projects also need to be scalable over the duration of the grant.
LIVESTRONG Grants Does Not Support
- Grants to individuals.
- Projects outside the United States of America.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Candidates for political office or lobbying of any kind.
- Event fundraisers or sponsorships.
- Clinical research projects.
- Debt reduction.
- Organizations that discriminate in policy or in practice on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification.
LIVESTRONG Acceleration Grants
- Several annual grants
- Award amounts between $5,000-$20,000
LIVESTRONG Transformation Grants
- Smaller number of multi-year grants
- Award amounts between $25,000-$100,000
- December 16, 2019 Online application portal opens for all submissions.
- February 21, 2020 Deadline for submissions for expression of interest applications, via online portal.
- April 13, 2020 Deadline for submissions for finalist applications, via online portal.
- May 18, 2020 Grant recipients announced.
- May 31, 2020 Grant payments made.
- 9-months later Interim status reports due (no later than 30 days after 9-month mark).
- End of project Project evaluation report due (no later than 30 days after 12-month mark).
All applications for funding must be submitted online, via the grants management platform. The online submission site is open and will close February 21, 2020. To register and submit an application, please visit the grants portal.Apply Now
We employ a collaborative approach to our grantmaking. We want our grantees to succeed in their mission and the projects we fund. Interim and end of project reports are required for all grantees. Reports will need to be submitted via the online grants management system.
A full list of project evaluation/reporting questions will be made available for download by January 1, 2020.
For any questions relating to LIVESTRONG Solution Grants, please email email@example.com
GrantAdvisor is a web service that facilitates open dialogue between nonprofits and grantmakers by collecting authentic, real-time reviews and comments on grantseekers’ experiences working with funders to encourage more productive philanthropy. We encourage you to write a review to help others, and to make our processes better!
Frequently Asked Questions
View a list of frequently asked questions.