Livestrong Solution Grants
Focus Areas & Funding Priorities
Projects and organizations funded must directly align with Livestrong's mission and purpose. Livestrong focus areas and funding priorities include:
- Post-treatment care
- Patient and caregiver education
- Comprehensive quality of life services
- Streamlining systems and care
More information about our focus areas can be viewed here.
Eligibility of Grantseekers
- Organizations are based in the U.S. with a valid Tax ID # and U.S. bank account.
- Organizations must be doing business for at least one year (from Sept. 1, 2020) and be able to demonstrate how they currently generate impact.
- Organizations are eligible to submit one application for each funding tier (i.e. Acceleration Grant and/or Transformation Grant) per funding cycle.
- There are no restrictions for reapplication for both successful and unsuccessful grantseekers.
- Projects must be aligned with the Livestrong mission, Livestrong purpose statement, and focus areas/funding priorities.
- Projects must have measurable outcomes, and be sustainable for the duration of the grant.
- Projects must not replicate existing Livestrong programs.
Livestrong Grants Does Not Support
- Grants to individuals.
- Projects outside the United States of America.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Candidates for political office or lobbying of any kind.
- Event fundraisers or sponsorships.
- Clinical research projects.
- Debt reduction.
- Organizations that discriminate in policy or in practice on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification.
All applications for funding must be submitted online, via the grants management platform. The application portal, for the 2022 cycle, will open September 1, 2021.Login to Grants Portal
Applicant Information and Portal Demo Webinars
During an active application cycle, Livestrong will host a webinar to review the Solution Grant's focus areas and funding priorities, types of awards, eligibility criteria, grant cycle timeframe and key dates, plus a portal demonstration of the submission system. Registration links will be listed below when the next application cycle opens for submissions.
2020 Solution Grant Partners
Our inaugural Solution Grants cycle was a resounding success and of the 231 applications received from 36 states, we have selected 8 formidable partners. We are eager and proud to help bring these cutting-edge and person-centered cancer solutions to life.
Livestrong Solution Series
A monthly interactive web-based series hosted and moderated by Livestrong. This series will facilitate collaborative discussions among LivestrongSolution Grant applicants all working on similar projects or with an aligned mission to collectively serve the cancer community.
The Solution Series webinars will be back in the new year, once we’ve completed the 2021 Solution Grants cycle. Past recordings of events can be viewed below. Please email us if you’d like to be considered as a panelist for future Solution Series.
- September 30, 2020 – Navigation Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations (Webinar Recording) (Panelist Bios)
- August 26, 2020 – Children and AYA Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations (Webinar Recording) (Panelist Bios)
- July 29, 2020 – Arts and Creativity Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations (Webinar Recording) (Panelist Bios and Resource List)
- June 24, 2020 – Technology Solutions Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations (Webinar Recording) (Panelist Bios and Resource List)
- May 27th, 2020 – Physical Activity Programs
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org