Focus Areas & Funding Priorities
Projects and organizations funded must directly align with Livestrong's mission and purpose. Livestrong focus areas and funding priorities include:
- Post-treatment care
- Patient and caregiver education
- Comprehensive quality of life services
- Streamlining systems and care
More information about our focus areas can be viewed here.
Eligibility of Grantseekers
- Organizations are based in the U.S. with a valid Tax ID # and U.S. bank account.
- Organizations must be doing business for at least one year (from Sept. 1, 2021) and be able to demonstrate how they currently generate impact.
- Organizations are eligible to submit one application for each funding tier (i.e. Acceleration Grant and/or Transformation Grant) per funding cycle.
- There are no restrictions for reapplication for both successful and unsuccessful grantseekers.
- Projects must be aligned with the Livestrong mission, Livestrong purpose statement, and focus areas/funding priorities.
- Projects must have measurable outcomes, and be sustainable for the duration of the grant.
- Projects must not replicate existing Livestrong programs.
Livestrong Grants Does Not Support
- Grants to individuals.
- Projects outside the United States of America.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Candidates for political office or lobbying of any kind.
- Event fundraisers or sponsorships.
- Clinical research projects.
- Debt reduction.
- Organizations that discriminate in policy or in practice on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification.
Award Amounts & Key Dates
Livestrong Acceleration Grants
- Several annual grants
- Award amounts between
Livestrong Transformation Grants
- Smaller number of multi-year grants
- Total award amounts between
$25,000–$100,000 per year
Livestrong Racial Equity Subgrant
- $50,000 in funding, dedicated to finding lasting solutions that fill gaps and improve the cancer experience for Black Americans.
September 1, 2020
Online application portal opens for all submissions.
October 16, 2020
Deadline for submissions for expression of interest applications, via online portal.
November 9, 2020
Online application portal opens for finalist application submissions.
December 7, 2020
Deadline for submissions for finalist applications, via online portal.
January 11, 2021
Grant recipients announced.
January 29, 2021
Grant payments made.
February 1, 2021
Project funding begins.
9 Months Later
Interim status reports due.
End of Project
Project evaluation report due.
All applications for funding must be submitted online, via the grants management platform. The application portal will open September 1-October 16, 2020.Login to Grants Portal
2020 Solution Grant Winners
Our inaugural Solution Grants cycle was a resounding success and of the 231 applications received from 36 states, we have selected 8 formidable winners. We are eager and proud to help bring these cutting-edge and person-centered cancer solutions to life.
Livestrong Solution Series
A monthly interactive web-based series hosted and moderated by Livestrong. This series will facilitate collaborative discussions among LivestrongSolution Grant applicants all working on similar projects or with an aligned mission to collectively serve the cancer community.
- July 29, 2020 – Arts and Creativity Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations
- August 26, 2020 – Children and AYA Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations
- September 30, 2020 – Navigation Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations
- October 28, 2020 – Healthcare Provider Education Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations (Registration coming soon)
- December 2, 2020 – Curriculum Development Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations (Registration coming soon)