Focus Areas & Funding Priorities
Projects and organizations funded must also directly support the Livestrong mission and the mission of the Livestrong Cancer Institutes and should not be at odds with either mission. Livestrong focus areas and funding priorities include:
- Post-treatment care
- Patient and caregiver education
- Comprehensive quality of life services
- Streamlining systems and care
More information about our focus areas can be viewed here.
Eligibility of Grantseekers
- Organizations are based in the U.S. with valid Tax ID #.
- Organizations have been established for at least one year. No restrictions for reapplication for both successful and unsuccessful grantseekers.
- Organizations can apply for both types of grants each funding cycle (i.e. Livestrong Acceleration Grants OR Livestrong Transformation Grants).
- All projects must be aligned with the Livestrong mission, Livestrong Cancer Institutes mission and funding areas/priorities.
- Projects must have been established for longer than nine months.
- Projects must demonstrate how they currently generate impact.
- Projects must have measurable outcomes, and be sustainable for the duration of the grant.
- Livestrong Transformation Grant projects also need to be scalable over the duration of the grant.
Livestrong Grants Does Not Support
- Grants to individuals.
- Projects outside the United States of America.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Candidates for political office or lobbying of any kind.
- Event fundraisers or sponsorships.
- Clinical research projects.
- Debt reduction.
- Organizations that discriminate in policy or in practice on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification.
Award Amounts & Key Dates
Livestrong Acceleration Grants
- Several annual grants
- Award amounts between
Livestrong Transformation Grants
- Smaller number of multi-year grants
- Total award amounts between
$25,000–$100,000 per year
September 1, 2020
Online application portal opens for all submissions.
October 16, 2020
Deadline for submissions for expression of interest applications, via online portal.
November 9, 2020
Online application portal opens for finalist application submissions.
December 7, 2020
Deadline for submissions for finalist applications, via online portal.
January 11, 2021
Grant recipients announced.
January 29, 2021
Grant payments made.
February 1, 2021
Project funding begins.
9 Months Later
Interim status reports due.
End of Project
Project evaluation report due.
All applications for funding must be submitted online, via the grants management platform. The most recent application period ended on February 21, 2020.Login to Grants Portal
2020 Solution Grant Winners
Our inaugural Solution Grants cycle was a resounding success and of the 231 applications received from 36 states, we have selected 8 formidable winners. We are eager and proud to help bring these cutting-edge and person-centered cancer solutions to life.
Livestrong Solution Series
A monthly interactive web-based series hosted and moderated by Livestrong. This series will facilitate collaborative discussions among LivestrongSolution Grant applicants all working on similar projects or with an aligned mission to collectively serve the cancer community.
- May 27, 2020 – Physical Activity Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations
- June 24, 2020 – Technology Solutions Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations
- July 29, 2020 – Arts and Creativity Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations
- August 26, 2020 – Children and AYA Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations
- September 30, 2020 – Navigation Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations
- October 28, 2020 – Healthcare Provider Education Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations (Registration coming soon)
- December 2, 2020 – Curriculum Development Programs - Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations (Registration coming soon)
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org