Livestrong Solution Grants
The Livestrong Solution Grants program recognizes and funds organizations who are developing cutting edge, inventive, and sustainable solutions to overlooked cancer problems.
Login to Grants Portal
Every single day we ask ourselves --
WHICH EVERYDAY CANCER PROBLEM WILL WE FIX TODAY?
Everyday cancer problems make life with cancer harder than it has to be but at Livestrong we strive continuously and relentlessly to solve those problems - not in five or ten years - but right now. And for good.
Livestrong's Purpose Statement
Living with cancer isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be so hard. It’s the everyday cancer problems, like paying the bills or getting a good night’s sleep. The problems that simply don’t deserve to exist.
Settling for surviving isn’t good enough. It’s time to change how we help people live with cancer. Livestrong isn’t just about hope. Our legacy is more than a wristband. We are listeners, collaborators, and practical problem solvers improving the everyday lives of anyone dealing with cancer.
We are finding new solutions to old problems right now so we can fix them for good. We are dedicated to disruptive, energetic and breakthrough ideas designed to ensure that each and every cancer patient doesn’t just survive, they Livestrong.
Because if you’re living with cancer, you deserve more than just hope for a better tomorrow. You deserve a better today.
Focus Areas & Funding Priorities
Projects and organizations funded must directly align with Livestrong's mission and purpose. Livestrong focus areas and funding priorities include:
- Mental Health
Reaching the underserved Living with cancer isn't easy, but it doesn't have to be so hard. We believe that all people affected by cancer deserve the same quality of programming, regardless of race, color, creed, gender, or sexual orientation. We expect solutions grants projects to exhibit equal opportunities for inclusion and engagement for all people affected by cancer.
Serving communities of color Settling for surviving isn't good enough. While cancer care systems have advanced over the years, many barriers still exist for people of color, both in program access and program delivery. We expect solutions grant partners to be mindful of communities of color's cultural and historical backgrounds and to approach their needs appropriately with trust and respect.
Defeating digital discord We are finding new solutions to old problems to fix them for good. Technology is a powerful tool but can lead to unintentional division. Listening and interacting with survivors should create a unique, impactful experience where people are prioritized. We expect solutions grants partners to create real resolutions with limited difficulties for delivery. Projects should promote unity without deepening the digital divide.
Equitable access to solutions You deserve more than just hope for a better tomorrow; you deserve a better today. To truly deliver sustainable solutions, we must remove barriers to care. Therefore, we need be active participants in overcoming obstacles to offer programs that work for anyone and everyone. Working smarter, not harder, to close gaps in care is crucial. We expect solutions grants projects and partners to ensure that each person affected by cancer doesn't just survive; they Livestrong.
More information about our focus areas can be viewed here.
Eligibility of Grantseekers
- Organizations are based in the U.S. with a valid Tax ID # and U.S. bank account.
- Organizations must be doing business for at least one year (prior to date of application) and be able to demonstrate how they currently generate impact.
- Organizations are eligible to submit one application for each funding tier (i.e. Acceleration Grant and/or Transformation Grant) per funding cycle.
- There are no restrictions for reapplication for both successful and unsuccessful grantseekers.
- Projects must be aligned with the Livestrong mission, Livestrong purpose statement, and focus areas/funding priorities.
- Projects must have measurable outcomes, and be sustainable for the duration of the grant.
- Projects must not replicate existing Livestrong programs.
Livestrong Grants Does Not Support
- Grants to individuals.
- Projects outside the United States of America.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Candidates for political office or lobbying of any kind.
- Event fundraisers or sponsorships.
- Clinical research projects.
- Debt reduction.
- Organizations that discriminate in policy or in practice on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification.
In 2023, we will be fulfilling our two-year solution grants from 2022. Please check for updates on our next grant cycle in December 2023.Login to Grants Portal